Website Development Process
Developing a website for your business isn’t an overnight process. It takes careful planning, building, and testing to ensure you’ll get the best results. When building websites, High Touch functions as an extension of your in-house team. We put the focus on your company’s needs throughout the entire development process.
High Touch follows a six-step process when constructing websites.
- Plan. During the initial phase of the website development process, we work with you to determine your company’s website style, color palette, navigation, features, content, and images. We can also help you select relevant domains if you don’t already have one and determine your hosting requirements.
- Build. Once there’s a solid design plan in place, we can start building your website. We develop websites in a secure environment, which allows you to watch the development progress and approve changes. Viewing your website’s development progress in real-time allows you to see how the content, layout, navigation, and features function together.
- Test. After we finish building your website, we test your website’s responsiveness on mobile and tablet devices. We also test its functionality in all major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
- Launch. Once you approve your website, we’ll launch it.
- Security and Maintenance. Getting your website launched is half the battle. Keeping it safe, up-to-date, and running is the other half. Website security and maintenance services include website and plugin updates, security scans, malware detection, and endpoint firewall protection.
- Analyze. During the build process, we integrate Google Analytics to help you better understand your website traffic. We can consult with you to help you figure out what that data means for your business.
Cost of Website Development, Maintenance, and Management
No two websites are the same, which can make pricing a new website or website maintenance services tricky. When collecting quotes for website services, you’ll need to consider how different features and requirements affect the price. For starters, how complicated is the design of your website? Will it require the assistance of a graphic designer or complicated front-end development work?
In addition, you’ll need to consider the features you plan to implement on your website. Will you require many feature integrations like calendars, translation services, shopping carts, and chat bots? Depending on the number of features you have to integrate, it may take more development time, which in turn, can make your website more expensive.
The hosting option you choose can also affect the price of your website development services. The monthly fee required to upkeep your website depends the amount of storage space and backup retention your website needs. Your website’s domain management needs can also affect the cost. High Touch includes an SSL certificate and unlimited bandwidth with website hosting in the cost of our Website Development service.
Finally, website maintenance and security are important when determining the cost of website development services. High Touch considers plugin updates, security scans, malware monitoring and repair, endpoint firewall protection, and security scanning when determining the cost of keeping your website safe, secure, and up-to-date.
Are you looking to build a new website for your business, or update or maintain an existing one? High Touch offers Website Development and supplemental services, such as Business Listings Management, Domain Management, Search Engine Optimization, and Website Security. As an added bonus, with over 30 years of experience developing custom software solutions, High Touch can engineer custom website integrations that improve your website experience for your business and your customers.