QuickBooks has been around for a long time. Back in 1983, Intuit’s founders developed QuickBooks based on the company’s successful personal finance software, Quicken. Back then, you couldn’t just go to Google and find the best accounting software for your business—Google wasn’t even founded until 15 years later.
As technology has advanced, more sophisticated financial software tools have become available. For example, ERP Software Solutions now compete with accounting software, like QuickBooks, offering more advanced accounting and financial management software tools to help businesses manage their financial health. Likewise, newer ERP software solutions are built on modern platforms, with advanced technology, artificial intelligence, and data security options that allow businesses to boost profit from their own data.
37-year-old QuickBooks isn’t the only accounting software option on the market. Here, we’ll show you why businesses are ditching QuickBooks for the advanced, user-friendly tools of a modern ERP software solution.
QuickBooks Vs. Acumatica
When considering QuickBooks versus an ERP software solution, like Acumatica, think of it this way—QuickBooks is like hiring a trusty old accountant. One that probably still relies on a fax machine, that you can only get a hold of during limited business hours, whose office has probably stayed the same size while your business continues to grow.
On the other hand, implementing Acumatica is like hiring a full-scale finance team, from business analysts to inventory managers, to even CFO-level financial forecasting. Best of all, unlike the trusty old accountant, this ERP software team is available to your business, any time, on any device. Plus as your business grows, ERP software solutions scale with it.
QuickBooks gives you the basic tools to manage your business’s finances. It’s good for handling basic day-to-day accounting processes and data entry. When you think of your business, is basic really the first word that comes to mind? Probably not. Full-scale ERP solutions like Acumatica offer cloud-based accounting and Customer Resource Management (CRM) tools, allowing you to manage all your business processes, between all departments, from your CEO to data entry.
Top Reasons Why Clients Ditch QuickBooks for Acumatica
- QuickBooks database crashes. Do you know how many search results you get when you google “QuickBooks database crashes”? 971,000. That’s a lot of results about a program responsible for handling the data and accuracy of your business’s finances.
- Forced migration to QuickBooks’ online platform. Obnoxious. Aggravating. Incomprehensible. These are just a handful of words used by QuickBooks users to describe the process of being forced into the $150 per month Pro or Pro Trial version of Quickbooks online. Read the review and comments on Intuit’s own website and see for yourself.
- QuickBooks has weak reporting tools. Not all accounting software platforms give you all the tools you need in one place. Clients want viewer-friendly dashboards, business intelligence tools, and advanced reporting with their financial data, not just spreadsheets.
- Multiple locations require multiple databases. You shouldn’t need a Ph.D. in computer science to manage your accounting software. With cloud-based ERP software, you can manage multiple locations using a single database, enabling your employees’ mobility and productivity on both desktop and mobile devices.
- QuickBooks support is lacking. What’s better, working with a personalized ERP provider with documented knowledge of your system from top to bottom or waiting on hold for hours before passing through multiple tiers of support? You probably don’t have hours of free time to wait around on hold. Dedicated support is critical when managing accounting software and your business.
- QuickBooks limits seat licenses to 30. Your business’s growth shouldn’t be limited by the number of seat licenses you can have for your accounting software. Your accounting software solution should help you scale your business, not limit it.
- QuickBooks isn’t GAAP compliant. Forget about leaving a trustworthy audit trail. QuickBooks allows you to delete transactions and restate results. Sounds fishy right? If you’re looking to be GAAP compliant, QuickBooks is not the answer. Acumatica’s Advanced Financials module, provides full-cycle accounting capabilities, including Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Tax, and Fixed Assets, to provide for all your reporting needs to meet both DCAA and GAAP reporting requirements.
We Make Things Easier.
Are you interested in learning more about ditching QuickBooks for an ERP software solution like Acumatica?
When you weigh the benefits your business is set to gain, you might be surprised by the affordability of modern ERP software. Best of all, your dedicated project management team at High Touch will be there through every step of your implementation, from system design to testing to ongoing software support. Contact us today to learn more.Get In Touch With Our ERP Software Team